NOTE TO YOU STUMBLERS: The most worthwhile thing I have to show on this site is Plutocracy, the game we’re building. Click the link on the sidebar for information about it.
Thanks to a flood of hits due to Stumble Upon and my link to one of my articles on someone else’s blog, I have suddenly come to the realization that my blog is ugly and needs fixing. I have made a number of improvements, and that number is X. Here is a list of what I’ve changed:
- Removed flow layout: now images will take up full width no matter what and not try to incorrectly wrap text around them, or wrap themselves around each other.
- Removed automatic indentation at the starts of paragraphs. It mostly just destroyed the formatting because of my blog writing style.
- Removed “Archives” which sorted blog posts by date. Why the heck would anyone ever use that? Does someone visit one day and think, “Hmm… I wonder what he wrote in… August 2007!”? I doubt it.
- Removed “Metadata” and “Blogroll.” I don’t think people care too much if my blog is valid XHTML or not, and I never use the “Admin” link anyway.
- Changed Cat’s caption.
- Added a project listing to the sidebar.
- Installed PHP Markdown Extras to make my blog formatting easier
Well, anyway, things should look better now. A known bug that I’m too lazy to fix is that smilies, treated as images, now take up full lines. Oh well.
- EDIT: With David Sev’s help, wrote some scripts that will make fancy thumbnails. All thumbnails on the site have been altered to use this.
About PHP Markdown: it’s a plugin for wordpress that converts easy syntax into HTML for webpage rendering. For example, surrounding a word with asterisks leads to this result. Double asterisks do this. It also makes doing lists and things easier. I can now also block quote. The syntax is a lot like a wiki.